home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Friday, January 12, 2018

What the Future Will Hold


When I started my little shop, I was just looking for a creative outlet; a way to dust off my "mom brain" and use my head for something outside the sometimes mundane life of raising babies.  I figured if I could make a little extra money on the side to help our growing family, then even better!  I never, in a million years, dreamed it would become as large as it has grown.  That I would have a company that provided me a full time income while I stayed at home enjoying my babes.  The connections I have made with other business owners and new mommas has been absolutely amazing, and I am so amazingly grateful for ALL of it!!

However, seasons change, and that is where I am finding myself now.  In a new season.  My youngest starts school full time in the fall.  So many other "mom things" are demanding additional attention.  School projects, after school activities, PTA and so forth.  My time with my children is now limited to the precious amount of time we have together after school and on the weekends, and I am finding myself working 90% of that time rather than spending it with them.  That has never been my intent.  With that in mind, the direction of Kadydid Designs will be changing drastically.

Over the next 5 months, I will be scaling back my shop so that I will only be taking occasional custom orders.  My Etsy shop and website will be completely different than you currently see them.  Instead of hundreds of listings for different items, there will be just a handful of listings to reserve custom spots.  Those spots will be extremely limited. I still love picking out fabrics, sewing and making goodies for mommas and babies both to enjoy and I want to continue that aspect of my business.

I will still be attending The Queen Bee Market in Las Vegas this March, with plenty of fun stuff to share (and possibly an amazing after market sale for those who can't come shop in person!).  With the new structure of my business, I may focus more on these cute handmade markets (I currently can only find time to do one or two of them a year) in the future.

More than anything, I want to sincerely thank each and every one of you for your love and support.  Nothing makes me happier than messages from my customers telling me how much they love their items.  Or how their baby's new Kadydid blanket is their absolute favorite.  I LOVE hearing your stories!  I love helping you pick fabrics for new nurseries!  I love working with you!  A million times over, THANK YOU!!!!


 photo kadydidSIG1_zps512264ed.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...